The official release of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 graphics card has once again aroused a rush of purchases by the majority of players. Although the price is as high as 12,999 yuan, it is still on sale in seconds. Not only is it completely unaffected by the current downturn in graphics card prices, it is even in the secondary market. There has also been an increase in sales on the Internet, and it is indeed a "dream back to the peak" in terms of price.
The reason why the RTX 4090 graphics card can bring such a huge phenomenon-level influence is not only the title of the first graphics card of the RTX40 series, but also the performance far surpassing the previous generation graphics card RTX 3090Ti is the more important reason, some "graphic card killers" Games can also achieve perfect performance at 4K resolution. So, what kind of monitor can really take advantage of the RTX 4090?
1. 4K 144Hz is a essential condition
For the strong performance of the RTX 4090 graphics card, we have measured several current popular 3A masterpieces in the previous graphics card evaluation. According to the game test data, the RTX 4090 graphics card can achieve a picture output of 133FPS at the 4K resolution of "Forza Motorsport: Horizon 5". For comparison, the previous generation top flagship RTX 3090 Ti can only output 85FPS images at 4K resolution, while the RTX 3090 frame rate is even lower.
2. On the other hand, the RTX 4090 graphics card has also added a new DLSS3 technology, which can greatly increase the output frame rate of the graphics card, and the first batch of 35 games that support DLSS3 functions have been launched. In the test of "Cyberpunk 2077", the number of frames increased to 127.8FPS after DLSS3 was turned on at 4K resolution. Compared with DLSS2, the improvement in picture fluency was very obvious.
3. As an important carrier of graphics card image output, while the performance of RTX 4090 is improved, it also puts forward higher requirements for the performance of game monitors. In terms of resolution, the RTX 4090 graphics card can output up to 8K 60Hz HDR images, but the current 8K resolution displays on the market are not only rare, but the price of tens of thousands of yuan is not friendly. Therefore, for most gamers, a 4K resolution display is still a more suitable choice.
In addition, it can also be seen from the test data of RTX 4090 that the number of mainstream game frames has exceeded 120FPS after DLSS3 is turned on. Therefore, if the refresh rate of the display cannot meet the needs of the graphics card, the screen may tear during the game. , although turning on vertical sync can solve the problem, but it greatly wastes the performance of the graphics card. Therefore, refresh rate is an equally important performance metric for gaming monitors.
4. High-level HDR should also be standard
For AAA gamers, picture quality is a more important consideration than the ultimate response speed. Today's 3A masterpieces basically support HDR images, especially when combined with ray tracing effects, they can provide image quality performance comparable to the real world. Therefore, HDR capability is also indispensable for gaming monitors.
5. Pay attention to the interface version
In addition to performance and HDR, if you want the best performance of the RTX 4090 graphics card, you also need to pay attention to the selection of the display interface version. Since the RTX 4090 graphics card is equipped with HDMI2.1 and DP1.4a version output interfaces. Among them, the peak bandwidth of the HDMI2.1 interface can reach 48Gbps, which can support full blood transmission under 4K high-definition picture quality. The maximum bandwidth of DP1.4a is 32.4Gbps, and it also supports the output of up to 8K 60Hz display screen. This requires the monitor to have the same high-standard video interface in order to undertake the picture signal output by the graphics card.
To sum up briefly, for friends who have purchased or plan to purchase an RTX4090 graphics card. In order to get the best picture quality performance, in addition to meeting the flagship performance of 4K 144Hz, the HDR effect and color performance are also important considerations.
Post time: Nov-14-2022